Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] receiver first information problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jony4u

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a receiver and transmitter signal with some different that I want to fix also I want to do that I will have a start bit

Last edited:

The first thing I notice is the top trace starts and finishes at different levels, the bottom one doesn't.
However, I'm guessing the problem is really that you need to pre-condition the receiver to expect the signal, try sending 0x00 or 0xFF before the real data to allow the receiver to adapt to the incoming signal strength.

Brian.

These receivers have agc circuits and bit slicers that can easily corrupt the first few bits of a received signal. I agree, send a header of useless bits out first, and then send out the data you really want.

It looks as though the Rx uses a flip flop that changes 0->1 on positive incoming signals and 1 ->0 on negative excursions. Hence RX O/P stuck at a 1 after signal. I would invert the Tx signals modulation.
frank

Status
Not open for further replies.