Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

realtime control problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawn

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using an Atmel AVR series microcontroller to position a motor using feedback from a rotary encoder. The code uses avrgcc libs.

The problem is this:

When I was developing the control algorithm I put code in it that printed out variable values to a serial port so I could get feedback if the code was working as expected. When I remove the code that prints to the serial port, the code doesn't work perfectly anymore and has issues.

I can leave the printing statements in the code but that would waste space and result in an unelegant solution. So how can I go about getting feedback on time sensitive code without disturbing the code itself?

Thanks in advance,

John

You can use leds to show you are in your code. I suspect that you have timing issues with your code. You should revisit your code.

Send yoour code I guess is an timer or interrupt problem

LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back