Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

really I need your help in my project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsh92

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody !

I am a CS & IT student and I have to do an electronic project related to what I study which is "logical gates and ICs"
so as a beginner I decide to do a" digital clock " and I tried to find the most simplest one :
https://www.engineersgarage.com/contribution/digital-clock-without-microcontroller?page=2

really I need your opinion ,, do you think my choice is that good or there is most simple and better project under this condition??
and if it's good , can I have simpler diagram than that or it's the simplest ?!?!

Many thanx

I do not know how much electronics you are expected to know. The circuit looks very straight forwards and should take from scratch less then 10 hours to construct. Thanks to the large scale integrated circuits, you do not need to know much about digital logic or ICs.
I would take this as a starting point, add fast and up/down modes to it, add a number comparator (4 switches) and a bistable. then you can set a time( fast mode), count it down (slow mode) and when it is the same as your set time, ring a bell/flash a light/turn you cooker off!!! It will be a useful tool and will demonstrate your knowledge as well!
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back