Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

real time fourier analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedance

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am set out to work in a lab on real time fourier analysis on images. Can anyone who has prior experience in working in this field give me some insight into how to go about here. I have done my undergraduation in electronics engineering. I have therefore done courses on the pre-requisites as in signals and systems, digital signal processing and have a fairly good understanding of the concepts in this regard. But, i would like to hear abt doing this in Visual C++, which i am not quiet acquainted with! I have been more inclined towards matlab, though i have not done any real time analysis... as in interfacing the device to the computer and stuffs... what exactly do i know for going on abt the interfacing also.. as i am pretty sure i ll be asked to do that too in some point of time!

thks,
cedance.

Hello Cedance

You should try Matlab
it has lot of options available in the form of Data Acqusition Toolbox or Serial or Parallel Port.
You can send and receive data from serial port and hence can perform the required operations in REAL TIME.
However Matlab is little slow in dealing with large sized images

Regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

I have already considered that part. And its for the slowness reason that i prefer to stick to C++. Moreover, I would be processing more with videos, as the camera is scanning the environment, than the images, it seems! I need references or algorithms as to how to go abt it. I am not prepared to change the platform.

thks,
cedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back