Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reading temperature from an fpga device (spartan 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

culio347

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am supposed to implement vhdl codes on an fpga that run a 7 day clock timer and does certain functions like turning on/off related to the temperature on a thermostat.

how can i read the temperature so that the fpga (spartan 3) so it can turn on and off depending on the temperature?

culio347 said:
how can i read the temperature so that the fpga (spartan 3) so it can turn on and off depending on the temperature?

Hi,

To read temperature you need ADC i dont know if spartan3 kit has on chip or on board ADC, if it has then input to ADC will be thermister voltage and depending on output of ADC you can do your needy process, and if it doenot have then you need to inrerface ADC with spartan3 kit.

Hope this url may help, this application is developed by me, and used similar things to read temprature.
Fusion Embedded Development Kit Webserver Demo User's Guide

Just go through this doc and see your related temprature reading application. Design file and source code is also available from ACTEL site

HTH
--
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.