Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re-Help regarding lcd driving!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar_mahajan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am facing a serious problem & therefore wanted an immidiate help.

I am driving a 9 segment * 4 backplane with 89lpc936 & a shift register.
My supply voltage for controller is 3V & have kept 1.5v for backplanes.
My problem is that,
when I am putting the data for not glowing any digit as per the attach waveform(attach file), I am getting the dimming effect of the all segments which is unwanted. I am not able to understand how to eliminate this?

Document is not blank........Alothough i don't know the exect problem but from my bit knowlage says.....you should check ur connections.....may be some loose connection or you should check ur SMPS........i know i am telling u very basic things..........but what more i can tell u!!!!!!!

To eliminate dimming of segments you need to have a constant current driver. Whenever you switch on a segment you are drawing slightly more current from that segment which will cause your other segments to dim.

Hi All!
The problem which i mentioned is for back-plane no 1 & all the segments which are on back-plane no 1.
I have also checked the DC & AC voltages on all the four back-planes.
1) The DC voltage on all back-planes is same = 1.5V( half of the appilied voltage as they are in tri-state).
2) The AC voltage on back-plane no 2,3,4 is .58miliV & for back-plane no 1 it is .53miliV.
IS IT BECAUSE OF THAT. I MEAN TO SAY THAT SEGMENTS CORROSPONDING TO BP1 AS ALWAYS GLOWING DIMM.

I DONT HAVE A OSCILLOSCOPE HERE WITH ME BUT I AM GOING OTHERPLACE FOR IT. & WILL INFORM U ABOUT THE OBSERVATIONS.
MEANWHILE IF U FOUND OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED, PLZ LET ME KNOW.

& FOR BLUEROOMELECTRONICS, IF U ARE NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE WAVEFORMS HERE IS THE LINK FOR ALL.(look for fig 2 & fig 7).
https://dataweek.co.za/article.aspx?pklArticleId=2382&pklCategoryId=31

Status
Not open for further replies.