Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rc Oscilator with Wien Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

machok3

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i got a homework to pass an exam. It says like this :" Create a RC Oscilator with Wien Bridge with oscilation freq. between 3-9 KHz, output load 100Ω, automatically controlling the oscillation amplitude achieved with JFET , oscillation amplitude output 10V. I need to use bipolar, JFET, βA723 transitors.
I managed to make some schmes but i got some replyes from friends that my homework is wrong .:-?
9-ca3366f670.jpgBlock scheme 10-17a448095f.png amp

I don't see the purpose of designing an OP, I don't hear about it in the problem specification.The oscillator can be either operated with a single transistor amplifier or a standard OP, I think. The requested amplitude control circuit is however yet missing in your design.

This is the full statement :
Design a RC Wien bridge oscillator with the following FEATURES:
***********Adjustable oscillation frequency [3 ÷ 9] [KHz];
********** Output load 300 [Ω];
***********Automatic control of the oscillation amplitude achieved with TEC-J;
Output oscillation amplitude [10] [V];

Powered circuit will have a reactive stabilizer and regulator element series.
NOTE: You can only use bipolar transistors and TEC-J, βA723.

I need some guides, maybe a small scheme to understand better if you can. I understood what you tryed to tell me that is without purpose....

Last edited:

Machok3,

what is the reason you show us the stabilizer circuitry? Does it belong to your task?
Do you know what to do with the FET?

Isn't the uA723 circuit just a stabilized power supply, not related directly to oscillator operation? But I don't see that the problem description is asking for a power supply design.

... i though that is correct to design 1st the block circuit then the Op ampl. But i see that the amplitude control is missing so im stucked...

- - - Updated - - -

to be real i dont know how to make my amplitude control with fet...

- - - Updated - - -

It's my 1st time when i have to do something like this... When i asked my teacher for some support he replyed to to get some documentation from google and make it without his help.

i did believe me i got like 1gb about wien bridge, but when comes about making that op amp design its so f....ed up.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.