Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Randomly logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwieg

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I noticed yesterday that while browsing the site I would suddenly be logged off, sometimes without even changing pages. Before now I've always been logged in automatically and never had to manually log in. What's the deal? I haven't messed with my account settings. Has something about the site changed, or could it be something with my browser?

Thanks,
-Mike

Yes, I was also logged off a few time in the last two days, it is probably Gulson making changes in the server or forum settings.

Alex

It's happening to me almost every ten minutes now. Is there something we can do about it with our browsers, or is it going to be fixed?

Please tell me more information:
operation system and browser version?
do you have cookies accepted?
do you select "remember me"?
do you have static or dynamic IP (maybe it's changing all the time)?

Please tell me more information:
operation system and browser version?
do you have cookies accepted?
do you select "remember me"?
do you have static or dynamic IP (maybe it's changing all the time)?
I'm seeing this both on my home system and work system (completely different networks) so I'll give info on both.
Win7 64bit at home, XP 64 at work. Using firefox on both.
All cookies are enabled on both
Remember me is selected for both. When start to type in my login info, it automatically completes the fields, so I presume this means that remember me and cookies are both working.
Not sure about the IP thing, I'm not network savvy. But since this started happening both at work and at home at the same time, and I can't recall any changes I made to either, I just assumed it was an issue with the sight.

Thanks for your attention gulson.

Which version of Firefox? While I am not having problems, I had some strange problems with Microchip's web site this week that was fixed by upgrading to 5.01 from 5.0. Strangely Firefox told me there was no update available when I was running 5.0 even though there was.

Keith

I'm running 5.0 at work, though I'm not sure about home, I'll check when I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.