Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RAM IPs in Equivalence Checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

salma ali bakr

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm doing Equivalence Checking between the RTL and the Netlist of a design, which has 4 RAM IPs. Of course, I can't use the behavioral HDL models of the RAMs since they're only used for simulations! So, what should I do now in order to verify the design?! Should I mark the RAMs as black boxes, or just use their interfaces?! Or maybe just load them as db files?! I'm totally confused about what I should do, and I've tried a lot with different scripts but in vain! So any ideas or sample scripts would be GREAT :D

By the way, I'm now using Synopsys Formality but I can switch to Cadence Conformal.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Salma :)

you can just set RAMs as BBox, since the RAM is analog macro which is validated by vendor.
what you need to verify in your design is the input/output value for RAMs.
Equiv check tools can push pattern to BBox to see if the golden & revised value of RAM input/output wires are equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back