Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rail to rail input stage, slew rate really constant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lego256

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi here.

I was trying to design an OPA from the paper "Constant-gm Constant-Slew-Rate High-Bandwidth Low-Voltage Rail-to-Rail CMOS Input Stage for VLSI Cell Libraries" by Juan M. Carillo.
But I fear there is quite a problem in this paper. Considering the feedforward circuit Fig 2.b, it is claimed to cancel 1 gm0 in the middle of the input common mode range, and that i agree, but it's supposed to cancel 1 Ib as well, and that i don't. For me, the output DC current goes from 1 Ib to 3 Ib with the common mode voltage, it doesn't remain at 1 Ib as stated.
For my design, as I use a folded cascode load stage, the DC current variation would induce a bias variation that would be quite disturbing.

So, am I right, or am I mistaken? And if I'm right, can you think of a way to solve this? I thought of changing the bias voltage of the load stage (voltage on the gate of M7 and M8, Fig 5), i still wonder how to implement it...

Thanks !

Lego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back