Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radiaition Pattern reconfigurable Antenna at 400 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvt088

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I make a microstrip antenna having reconfigurable radiation pattern at 400MHz?
Dielectric constant of substrate is 1.35 (Fabric).
If I use normal technique, size of antenna will be very big.
Many thanks

How can I make a microstrip antenna having reconfigurable radiation pattern at 400MHz?
Dielectric constant of substrate is 1.35 (Fabric).
If I use normal technique, size of antenna will be very big.
Many thanks

Dear nvt088,
please explain what is the "reconfigurable radiation pattern", and what antenna options you are interested in - gain, directional characteristics, size, etc ...
and it seems to me that the frequency 400 MHz too low for microstrip technology.

antp

Dear nvt088,
please explain what is the "reconfigurable radiation pattern", and what antenna options you are interested in - gain, directional characteristics, size, etc ...
and it seems to me that the frequency 400 MHz too low for microstrip technology.

antp

Thank antp,

Reconfigurable radiation pattern means beam-steering. I want to steer antenna's beam by PIN diodes.

Sizes of antennas is limitted by 10x10 cm2 or 15x15 cm2, gain is 2-3 dB.

I want to use microstrip antenna because it's a directional one. Can you suggest me other types of directional antennas?

If we make normal microstrip antenna --> It's too big. Is these any technique to make a small microstrip antenna at 400MHz, for example, spiral microstrip antenna?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back