Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

qustion about FDTD simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryam_a

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I used FDTD method to simulate a small signal microwave amplifier in 10GHz, and compared results with microwave office. in microwave office matching occures in 10GHz but in FDTD in 9.5GHz. It has a frequency shift!

It may caused by manything. Are you sure that Microwave office is enough exact?! Usually HFSS has a frequency shift too.

Regards,

AS

what would I do to be sure?
first I designed a microwave amplifier, then used a small signal model of js8851 in 10ghz, and

striplines and T junction in microwave office. and determined the substrate. then run graph of s

parameters, at 10ghz, s21=9.0db and s11=-13db. but when I used this model in fdtd, at 9.5ghz,

s21=8db, and s11=-18db. T junction in microwave office is base on circuit model but in FDTD is

base on EM model. but I think that matching dip is more deviated.

I'm not sure about length of feed lines and parameters of gaussian pulse modulated in FDTD

program, may these cause it ?

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back