Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick, cheap, low power 3 phase supply

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
We need a 3 phase 115vac , pure sine, delta power source to shovel into a unit...only a few watts......is the attached the easiest way to do this?
LTspice and jpeg as atatched.

Attachments

• 3 phase delta.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 3 phase delta.jpg
    3 phase delta.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 53
Freq variable implmentation, single chip

1698687361696.png

As we continue to guess OP should post :

1) Freq Accuracy
2) Freq Range/resolution needed
3) Harmonic Distortion
4) Min amplitude needed
5) T and V limits for freq and amplitude needed.

Regards, Dana.,

Last edited:
@Tony Stewart.....wow!...amazing post..thankyou.....the circuit whirring away on my laptop screen in front of me as i sit.

All posts here are of course great.
Thanks to danedakk also for SOC option.

This is just to be a cheap and dirty test source for some 3 phase 60Hz delta kit......we only need a few Watts, say 20W....it can be very rough, just as long as its kind of near 60Hz and amplitude will end up somewhere in 85-125VAC...but the first pre-sine can be something smaller than that, as we will amplify it up with a audio amp chip, (TDAxxxx looks the simplest) then shovel that through a backwards 120-12VAC transformer.

Last edited:
Just as an aside but if you need bursting capability for test the same SOC trivial to do this :

1698787384878.png

1698787397880.png

Burst length and inter burst delay easy to set. From external/imnternal/user type
interfaces.

I just show 1 phase but thats adaptable to the 3 phase case.

Regards, Dana.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: