Status
Not open for further replies.

promach

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anyone explain on Obviously, the compensation capacitance CC does not connect Drain to Gate directly around
output transistor M10. It takes a path through cascode device M6, in order to avoid a positive zero.
?

Any capacitor shunts a transconductance stage results in a "feedforwad" zero at -Gm/C
M10 here is the transconductance cell but it has a -ve Gm. Hence, you have a right-half plane zero (-[-Gm/C] = Gm/C) which is the worst for stability. One of solutions is to eliminate the feedforward path as done here. I think this book is sansen, essentials of.. , if so, RHP zeros topic is discussed in details in the op amp stability chapter you may revisit it.

promach

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For those interested in Ahuja compensation, Baker's uses "indirect compensation" in his book : **broken link removed** , see page 813, 814 and 815

By the way, I am now working on the actual mosfet circuitry implementation, the circuit is not working yet.

Note: I will decrease the Vin+ and Vin- voltage amplitude afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.