Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions concerning wideband LNA layout in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh634

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout in ADS

I have designed and simulated a wideband LNA using CMOS 0.18um TSMC technology.........i want to draw a layout fr this circuit using ADS and measure the chip area it takes...can this be done? also is LVS possible in ADS?...........can anyone please help me regarding this............if Layout in ADS is not possible than plzz suggest me some other easy tool...as i have not used any layout tool before...Immediate help is appreciated

Re: layout in ADS

Hi,

sorry maybe i don't understand your question u want to layout silicon in ADS?

david

layout in ADS

you'd better do the job in cadence, I am sure it's ok!

Yep! You should do it in Cadence

@DDavid.......yes i want silicon layout ....
plzz refer to this post fr detail of the schematic

Added after 2 minutes:

@mikekan,wireless man.......i dont have access to cadence i have only ads with me........ if it is not possible plzz tell me some layout available for freetool available fr free

layout in ADS

in ADS, you can make a schematic, then generate corresponding layout but you need to edit silicon layers by click EMDS or Momentum -> Substrate-> Edit/Modify, or by load available substrate file (maybe TSMC has substrate file, I am not sure :) ).

For LVS check, I didn't find it in ADS but DRC.

First of all regarding to the teansistor models, in ADS they sometimes not complet like in cadence,
secondly ADS is not proper for layout (silicon), do it in mentor for example.

david

their is option of layout in schematic window.click that option.u see create or generate layout option.click on it. in this way u can create layout of any schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.