Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about single analysis SDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2007

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, my sdf looks like

(IOPATH A Z (0.195::0.202)(0.225::0.236))

how come only min/max are there but no typical value (verilog has all three)? is it then assumed as 0?

thanks in advance!

-Jerry

Re: sdf questions

SDF depends on the analysis type,whether your design uses a single operating condition or bc_wc/OCV operating conditions .

For single analysis type the SDF delay triplet has three identical values, for example instance, (15.0:15.0:15.0).

For BC_WC and OCV , the SDF triplet contains only two delays for the two different operating conditions, for example , (15.0::20.0).

In this case, the typical value of the SDF triplet is not used.

Regards,
Sam

jerry2007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: sdf questions

Thanks for the explanation, Sam.

I did set analysis mode to 'single' with only one library (with encounter), but I also used 'timingderate -early/late', maybe that changed the analysis mode to OCV? so with only one library (no max/mix lib), do i need to set timing derating factors?

what's strange is that back-annotation fails (setup viol) for both min/max and only passes for typ (seems to be actually 0 in this case). So I guess it's not that my backannotation is wrong but the backend design really has timing problems?

Thanks again!

-Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back