Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about sense amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboss

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a question about sense amplifier simulation. I want to know how much gain I get from my sense amplifer. I did AC analysis for an Op design before and I applied the same way I did with the Op to my sense amplifer. In other words, I set Vcm+small signal, Vcm-small signal and then look at the output. However I got a number in the range of negative dB, which is very very small. Actually, the input pairs and the nmos at the bottom end are all in triode region. Can anybody point out any mistakes I've made?

it looks to me like this is a comparator (dynamic) more than an amplifier. possibly with hystersis.

in general, SRAM use this type SA

Check DC operating point and you will find out your problem.
But this circuit looks very strange for SRAM sense amplifier.
Usually sense amlifier has positive feedback to the input.
Can you explain where are bit lines connection points.
Another question why you need to know the gain? And get it by AC simulation?
What you will do with this gain? To get this you should put the circuit in correct DC operation point. But with positive feedback it will be not so easy.
The most important parameters of the sense amplifier are offset and speed.

airboss

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For me, it looks like a Decision Circuit (Positive FB) which has been widely used in high speed comparator.

Usually SA will introduce the cross coupled load to increase the gain

Does it be used in SRAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back