Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about OpAmps and 1 bit DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

naomi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Opamps

hi

i have got two questions:

1.Can i use the same opamp for intergrator,comparator and 1 bit DAC for analog to digital sigmal delta modulator or do i have to change the opamps?
can any one recommend the book or any site for 1 bit DAC and Opamps designing in CMOS.
2. I am a begginer in analog designing. i am intrested in this field can any one recommend some books and site to start with the basics with CMOS technology.

Thank you for the reply in advance

Re: Opamps

1. CMOS ANALOG Circuit Design(Second Edition)
author:phillip E.Allen Douglas R.Holberg

2. Design of ANALOG CMOS Integrated Circuits

3. CMOS:Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation
author:R.Jocob Baker;Harry W.Li;David E.Boyce

I think it is too waste to use same opamp (of course, you must have 3 opamps, not only one to do three purposes) for main opamp, comparator, and 1-bit DAC. usually comparator can be designed with lesser complexity and power consumption, and 1-bit DAC can be easily contructed by just SC circuits.

Opamps

in sigmal delta modulator the intergrator has to be fast enough,that is the slew rate of opamp should be high.
for example in two order modulator ,the slew rate should be higher than 20v/us
and for the bandpass sdm, slew rate should be much more higher,
because of the limit of cmos , we should come to the BiCMOS tech

naomi said:
hi

2. I am a begginer in analog designing. i am intrested in this field can any one recommend some books and site to start with the basics with CMOS technology.

Thank you for the reply in advance

Try with these two:

Phillip E. Allen, Douglas R. Holberg: “CMOS Analog Circuit Design”, second edition, Oxford University Press, New York, 2002

Paul R. Gray, Paul J. Hurst, Stephen H. Lewis, Robert G. Mayer: “Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits”, fourth edition, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back