Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about jdm and icprog

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2005

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got this serial pic programmer that is supposed to be jdm compatable. I was told that it should work with icprog and that it will program most pics.

Now every time I am trying to burn a program it gives me the 0000h verification error. I sweeped the net for a solution and I read all suggestions but the problem is still there.

First: I am trying to know exactly the kind of programmer. It has a 5 and 12 volt regulator and a couple of transistors in addition to MAX232N and 74LS07.

Second: I am trying to get more details on using icprog. What is the difference between Direct I/O and widows API and which I should use if I have windows XP (yes I installed the xp driver). What is the criteria for choosing a delay value.

Third: What is the best way to know if my pic is dead or alive.

THANKS

On the WinXP I use the widows api - with direct I/O it doesn't work for me. What kind of programmer do you have - any schematic we could see?

Cheers

One of the problems is that I don't have a schematic and the only word printed on the PCB is "picprog".

I think I can trace the PCB for a schematic but I don't have time for that now.
THANKS

@joe2005

can you share the schematic that you worked on..maybe i can help coz im using JDM programmer and there's no problem with regards to software and hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.