Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Questions about EEPROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI alex,,

thanks so much with your effort of helping me.. it's now clear to me the MSB or the 9th bit of memory address is along with the slave addres the P0.. thanks so much...

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

this thread is now solved.. I know now how to address.... hehe thanks so much..

Note that for eeproms that have address with more bits the address is send in two parts so you will have the device address (A2-1-0) and then in the next byte address high then address low byte and then the data.
For example check 24C256 https://www.techdesign.be/projects/datasheet/24LC256.pdf see at page 7.

In 24c04 the address was just 9 bits so they have decided to put the extra bit in the place of the device address bit A0 instead of adding one more byte just for this one bit ( as address H /address L)

Alex

thanks so much... I understand now.. the next time I will be dealing with eeprom I will check the device address too.. last time I did not checked it because im focus reading on the memory address..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back