Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question: why we use P_sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_lhm

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am a new. And I am a little puzzleed by this question
Can anybody tell me why the modern process chooseed P_sub.
And what is worry with N_sub?
Thank you very much!

the main reason behind using a p type substrate is that the cost of implementing an n type substrate as a default base is pretty higher than that of using a p type substrate

also process limitaions make it a little tough and not a very acurate option if we use an n type substrate

one one more point of view if we consider the physics of the n type substrate is, they tend to carry electrons as carriers which are more mobile than the holes ....to be precise somewhere around 3 times more mobile,

so if we are using an n type substrate, then subsrate noise could also become a major factor.

k_90 said:
one one more point of view if we consider the physics of the n type substrate is, they tend to carry electrons as carriers which are more mobile than the holes ....to be precise somewhere around 3 times more mobile,

quote]

I think it may be a important reason.

Of course, electrons is more mobile than the holes whatever in n type substrate or p type substrate.
If it is the reason, what is the different between make a PMOS in a Nwell under the P_sub condition and make a PMOS in the N_sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back