Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question...some type of formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysslynn

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all, I was just wondering about something. I think there is some form of equation to use, but I wasnt entirely sure. Here is my problem:

A linear circuit is driven by an independant current source(Is) of 10mA and an independant voltage source(Vs) of 10 V. If the current source is switched off, the output voltage is 5v. If the current source is turned back on and the voltage source is turned off, the output voltage is 3v. If the source values were changed to I(s)= -15ma, and V(s)=20V, what would the voltage output be?

Now is there a set equation? If not, how do I go about solving it?
Thanks,
mysslynn

I guess you can solve this using superposition.

When the current sources is turned off it becomes a oppen circuit and when a voltage source turns off it becomes a short.

So, in the first case you have a voltage divider and you can figure out that the resistors have the same value.

In the second case you have a current divider and from the datas given and the first result you get the resistors value: 600 ohms.

Finnaly you arrive at the final value which is the answer for your problem: 4.5V

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.