Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on DDR2 laptop memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnynypd

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am about to buy an additional 1G memory for my Laptop (Toshiba L35), which needs DDR2 533 PC4200 based on the user manual.

I saw one "NBM 1G|CORSAIR 200P VS1GSDS533D2 R" on new egg. There is also another one with cheaper price but higher speed: it is DDR2 667 PC5300.

Wonder can I get the cheaper one with faster speed? Or I must go with the one more expensive (but with correct speed).

Read lots of post on the newegg web, some say yes, some say no. still got confused.
Thanks,
Funny N.

I think your laptop can use the DDR2 667 memory, it will just run at a lower speed on your system.

funnynypd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Have anyone actually tried? I saw some failing post on New Egg.

tysercom said:
I think your laptop can use the DDR2 667 memory, it will just run at a lower speed on your system.
Agree, 667 basically is the same as 533, but with higher speed. So it should work.

funnynypd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back