Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on current pulse measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

wufeng

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I want to measure the current of a 0.1ms signal. The amplitude of the current is about 100nA. Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks!
Jianwei

Jianwei
Best option for you would be to use a Current Probe, for example a Tektronix P6042 or similar.

However there are a number of 'DIY' AC Current Probe designs based upon Ferrite Torroids if you have the facility to calibrate them.
Some info for how you might make one here:Simple RF Current Probes

Another alternative could be to try using a series resistance and view the voltage across it with a Differential 'Scope input to then be able to calculate your pulse current.

hope this assists
Mik

an opamp based transimpedance amplifier with low bias current shall be used.......adjust the feedback and derive the current from the output voltage......

think a bit of important information I omitted to ask, is what is the (common mode) voltage to ground at the measurement point?
Mik

a bit of important information I omitted to ask
Did you forgot to ask for the details? (there are some more). I think, the original poster should tell a more clear question.

Status
Not open for further replies.