Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on Cadence simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

suria3

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi People,

I'm running a simulation for a optical circuit design which consist of a Limiting amplifier and a common mode feedback circuit. I'm facing a problem in cadence
simulation, that is while running transient simulation it is giving the convergence
error as in the attachment. This error only come when i run at -40 deg and not in
27 or high temp. So, by looking at this I'm not sure what actually causing this error.
Is it because of the circuit design issue, cadence spectre time step setting or something else. Please give me some feedback so that i can troubleshoot fast.

Thanks,
Suria

There is option in 'Edit simulation profile' menu to reduce the error estimate. U can increase that and try out. I also face such problems when i go to extreme component values. If we increase that error corresponding solution will be inacciurate to that degree.
Regards.

you do not care for that.
it's warnings.
maybe the convergence error occurs at the instant of power up.

i dont agree, convergence error comes for some intermittent time seps while solving...

Status
Not open for further replies.