Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on analog passive filter optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorren

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Folks,
Here's a bandpass filter with upper/lower corner frequency around 30Mhz/3Mhz. Because the bandwidth is much wider than center

frequency, it actually constructs by cascading a 30Mhz lowpass with 3Mhz highpass. The simulated response meets my expectation.

However, when trying to implement that filter, I want to make a bit optizimation on that big inductor (2.2uH) and small cap

(10pF/22pF). Yes, I could do nothing but directly implement them. It's implementable.

My question is whether there's some method to convert shunted series-LC section or series shunted-LC section to some more

convenient value. I know the norton transform has the ability to simplify circuit, however, I don't know if it could be applied to these structures.

Do anyone have some suggestion on that? Thanks advance!

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 82

The most simple and most direct method would be to insert your filter requirements into a design program for passive filters.
I can recommend AADE from aade.com. It`s freeware, very versatile and you can choose the impedance niveau as you like..

Status
Not open for further replies.