Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question of resistance analysis on Powernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jswan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm having a hard time analyzing resistance on powernet.
The IC that I'm designing is long-thin, and powered from center only.
Thus, analyzing the value and the difference of resistances on the edges are important.

20150320_114047.jpg

Here's a question.
There is an option to report Point-to-Point resistance in CalibrePEX.
I tried to use it but there's a big problem.
The stupid tool may calculate the resistance from TP(Test Point) to not power pads which parallelly connected but one of the power pads, and I have no idea which pad used in the calculation.

I think the option of point-to-point resistance calculation is literally only for point-to-point.

The extracted parasitic netlist has no problem. So, I do simulation to get the value of resistance, which takes too many time.

Is there any other way to do that?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Hi -

resistance verification of power nets is a very common task, that has not been properly automated through EDA tools so far.

Recently, a new tool/ functionality - called Rmap - has been reported, that seems to be ideal for the power net verification:

https://www.siliconfrontline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/RMAP-software-for-resistance-verification-of-power-nets-and-ESD-protection-structures.pdf

This tool calculates resistances from pad or several pads (shorted together) to all points on power net, and show the results as resistance color map - then capturing layout mistakes is really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back