Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question of Monte Carlo Simulation for a bandgap reference circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to run a Monte Carlo Simulation for a bandgap reference circuit

Hi All, I am trying to use monte carlo simulation for a bandgap voltage reference. When I followed the procedure in this forrum and other tutorial, and click "run" for "monte carlo sampling", it looks like nothing was executed. I post my setup and hope anybody can advise about it.

1. I have a cellview named "monte_carlo". In ADE L, the simulation output is "\net55" and it runs well over temperature -50C to 125C (DC simulation in sweeping the temperature). I selected and set "tt" to allmodels.scs, and select "design.scs". After running sussceesully, I saved this state as "temp".

2. I open ADE XL->"create new view"->"open in 'new window'"

3. Create test and load the state "temp".

Now the setup looks like this
montecarlo.PNG

When I click "run", it never showed any progress. For example, I set number of points to 100, then it always show 0/100.

1.Could anybody advise how can I make simulation run? My target is to achieve some statistic distribution of output reference voltage.
2.Do I need to load more scs file here? like process.scs?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

I just want to advice that you should repost and instead of mentioning bandgap you should post asking for how to run monte carlo in the software you are using.
The circuit you are running it on is irrelevant.
I use cadence but I do not use its simulator so I am unable to guide you in your procedure.
-Pb

Ok, I did as what you suggested.
I just want to advice that you should repost and instead of mentioning bandgap you should post asking for how to run monte carlo in the software you are using.
The circuit you are running it on is irrelevant.
I use cadence but I do not use its simulator so I am unable to guide you in your procedure.
-Pb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back