Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question for Altium Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigahertz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The program crashes on me on average once a week. I'm using a pretty solid system, plenty of memory, Windows 7 64 bit and keep everything updated. Are other users experiencing this?

Hi, I've heard the Nvidia Control Panel can cause some problems with AD10 - although I'm running that and don't get any errors or crashes. What version of Altium are you running?

I do have that experience at least once a week but the impact on the job I'm working with Altium is minimal.
As long as you keep your Altium installation updated with every release, you should be good to go with your design.
Don't forget to log into the Altium Live forum to get advice from Altium experts and their Application Engineers.

Have fun!

Thank you for the replies. I am using the most recent version. I have an active license and keep the program up to date. I'm wondering if having all the extra bloatware that I never use is causing problems. I have everything installed but only use the PCB tools. It is not a good feeling knowing in the back of my mind that the program may crash while in the middle of something critical. The crashes have only been occurring the past 2 months and before this everything was fine.

Have you checked on your computer's system software settings?

It might help I don't have any of the FPGA tools just the PCB and schematic modules installed. I did hear on the forum that the preference file can cause crashes - have you tried re-setting that?

Hi,
I think it seems to be some bug, better you pass your query in altium forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back