Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about selecting nets in cadence skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrbht

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
select an instance ,how to select nets which the instance connect?

I use data_inst=car(geGetSelSet(cv)) get the instance.
use data_inst~>nets get the net

It´s not clear... What's your issue?

I am not much clear about skill code. But in the virtuso ICFB u will be having this option. So you can check with that.

What you need to do is, Just go to icfb and in the CIW options, go to the edit filters and enable the show input commands.

Then go to layout window and do marknet. Your skill function will be appear in CIW window. Please correct me If I am wrong anywhere. Thank You.

Varma.

thank u. I want to write a script in cadence skill language.I want to select an instance in virtuoso schematic,then press a key such as "Alt+J",then the nets which connect the instance are also selected.

I'm not sure what the problem is?

In a schematic you can easily probe a net (F5) which will highlight it.

In layout you can use the conectivity> mark net OR
if your are using xl probe the schematic/layout.

There is a third option which is using the dracula interactive tool which you can probe nets with.

Code:
foreach( net data_inst~>instTerms~>net
    foreach( fig net~>figs geSelectObjectNoFilter(fig)
)

shrbht

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back