Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about ns2 tunneling

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshkumarbm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys really i need ur help at this point.........

ok i really have 3 nodes a,b, c connected to such that a is connected to b and b is connected to c...........here im sending some packets from a to c via b......now i want to bypass b so that i can directly tunnel the packets from a to c rather than going through b.......how i can do this,,,,,plzz help.....im running tcp agent and application is FTP

Re: ns2 tunneling

Sorry if i am rude, how the hell u can bypass when there is no link b/w a & c.
Packets as to pass through b unless u link a and c.

application and agent doesn't matter here, your node declaration & node link creation matters here

hey dude....i hope u know something abt tunneling...ok listen...to stabilsh a tunnel between 2 points u should know src and det addresses..
here

a.......b..........c this is the scenario.

to estabilsh tunnel between a and b lets say.....a should kow the address of b.....and b should know the adress of c....

so y cant the node "a " obtain the address of c through b and establish the tunnel directly after obtaining its address..

Buddy if A is forwarding packet to c means it knows the address of c

A node is connected to B only, then any attempts to forward a packet from A to any node, should reach B first .Then packet as to climb up to network layer abstraction, then B looks at the destination and decides what to do..

i guess your talking about tunneling at data-link layer which is highly impractical.
Because addition of intelligence to data-link layer would reduce the performance drastically

Ns2 gives options for modeling general network system(which are in existence) only, not what we think would be better.

If above answer doesn't satisfy you, please define your tunneling properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.