Not open for further replies.

banner

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need a clean 3.6 v supply. can i implement it with switching َAC/DC converter and a linear regulator? I mean does a linear regulator eliminate switching frequency completely?
thanks,

Dear banner
Hi
It is pretty simple , but how much current do you need ? and where is your problem accurately ? aren't you familiar with steps of design ? or perhaps you have problem to select a proper topology ? if you tell me a bit more explanation , i can help you as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

goldsmith, I don't understand why you ask all these questions each time someone makes a simple question.
He is simply asking how effective is a linear regulator in eliminating the switching noise when connected to the output of a switching power.

You can use a simple linear regulator along with a bypass capacitors[say 0.1 uF Ceramic type] to reduce switching noise.

Dear Alex
Hi
Ha ha ! when i ask for more explanations , it has a reason ! preventing from misunderstanding to get a best answer .
As i understood , he is looking for a way to achieve 3.6 volts with highest quality , and i don't think the switch mode regulators has noises ! because if we design a good filter for it's out put , it is impossible to have noises in out put . isn't it ?
Best Regards
Goldsmith

No matter how low noise switching regulator you design if you use a linear regulator at the output the noise will drop even more, wouldn't it?

Yes , the noise of linear regulators are pretty low , but he didn't mention that how much current needed . if he need high currents , i think SMPS would be more suitable . and it is the reason of why i asked for more explanations . when the original poster , said 3.6 volts , it is possible 3.6 volts 100 amperes ! or 100mA . if he give us exact information about his requirements , i think we can suggest a best way . isn't it ?
Respectfully
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.