Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about DFT scan chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

horzonbluz

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scan chain dft

Hi, my friends.
When i ran the dft_drc command after scan insertion, I get the following error:
Error: Chain 12 blocked at DFF gate i_i2s0/i_i2s_rx_dpram/memory_reg_9_12_ after trace 0 cells.(S1-1)
Error: Test design rule checking reported FATAL violations. (TEST-1314)
I have asked synopsys engineers about this question. They told us:
This is a problem caused by different defaults between TetraMAX and DFT Compiler.
If a bidirectional (bidi) port is used as a scan-in port, then the dft_drc command, which uses the TetraMAX DRC engine, expects a default bidi delay of 0, but DFT Compiler assumes bidi delay of 55 for the default clock period of 45-55.
Setting the default bidi delay to 0 avoids this S1 error and scan chains are
traced without any problems.

If your ASIC vendor does not have specific requirements, use the following values to achieve the best results:

create_test_clock -period 100 -waveform {45 55} clk
set test_default_delay 0
set test_default_bidir_delay 0
set test_default_strobe 40
set test_default_period 100

The key thing to remember here is that TetraMAX expects the test_default_bidir_delay to be less than the rising edge of the test clock. So, if the clock rises at 45ns, then any value less than 45ns is okay for the test_default_bidir_delay variable.
In my design, i checked the DFF(memory_reg_9_12_). This DFF is in chain 12 and chain 13, so the DFT tool treat this DFF has a bidirectional (bidi) port ? And how can i just let this DFF just in a scan chain to avoid this problem?

scan chain

hello friend,

have u fixed that bi-di scan port as input or not. pls confirm,

-sunil budumuru

data_source scan dft

In my dft flow, i have set this:
set_dft_configuration -fix_bidirectional enable.
I think this setting could fix bidirectional scan ports.

dft number of scan chains

Hi friend,

even if u use "set_dft_configuration -fix_bidirectional enable", at a times tool might not fix the bidi's at toplevel ports. (i;ve faced the same situation for my design n i fixed them maually. )

However, u confirm once again in the "preview_dft -all" reports and the post dft netlist, whether the tool has fixed the bidi ports or not.

Else u have to fix the toplevel bidi pots manually. (particularly the scan ports. do not miss to verify the post dft netlist)

Pls let us know the status.

-Sunil Budumuru.

fix drc error dft

Hi, my friend.
I have solved my problem. I checked my netlist and found it has been inserted another test_mode port and data_source ports. So i reset my test_mode port setting. Now i got a good flow and got no S1 type error.
Orgial setting:
set_dft_signal -type TestMode -port test_mode -active 1 -view existing_dft;
Now i set test_mode as below:
set_dft_signal -type TestMode -port test_mode -active 1;

dft question on problmes

Hi friends,
I got the S1-error after when i run post-DFT drc. I wrote out my net list then i found that my

SN pin of latch which is connected to permanent-1 in functional mode is now connected to

SCLK (Scan Slave Clock). Can anyone help me in debugging this. The scan type is LSSD.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back