Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about cmos10lpe library

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryjog

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos10lpe

Guys,

I'm currently running Cadence (IC6.1) under linux and I have downloaded this cmos10lpe library from MOSIS. In the technology library I can't find any metal contacts. Does that mean the library is incomplete or the new version of Cadence stores the vias in different manner from the old version? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jerry

cmos10lpe

If you're a MOSIS customer, check at **broken link removed** or email support@mosis.com

Did you build the library using IBM_PDK>Library>Create and then assign it to the techfile and choose your metallization option? Do you mean that vias are listed in your LSW?

via map option + cadence

Yes I have created my own library the way you mentioned. In the LSW window I can see all the via layers, but I can't find any via cells from the technology library. I'm wondering if there is anything different in linux cadence from unix cadence, which I have been using for a very long time.

cmos8rf layout

I'm not familiar with IC6 (I'm using cmos8rf, which just added support for IC6 but I haven't made the switch yet), but in IC5 pressing 'o' will bring up the 'Add Contact' window. This is assuming you're using the CDS bindkeys, I don't know if its the same with IBM bindkeys.

I've heard that new IC6.x cadence does not have pcells for vias in the technology library. The problem right now is: I can create via in the layout using Create-->Via function, but when I do Calibre DRC or LVS, the vias are not recognized. Is there anything I should setup for the Calibre in order for it to recognize all the vias? Thanks

Jerry

Have you tried extracting despite these warnings? I don't know which tool you extract with in 10lpe, but in 8rf we use Cadence QRC and you just need to run a successful Assura LVS. The netlists don't need to match in order to extract.

I'm using xstream to import/export the layout, the process can't be finished with the warning. I think I need to set some "Via Map File" in the "Stream-Out Options" window. Anyone has any idea what that file is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back