Not open for further replies.

xyz9915

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to make three phase inverter. In a 3 phase 60Hz power supply, each phase angle remains 120 degree out of phase with other. I want to use micro-controller for pulse generation. My question is how much delay (in m/sec or micro seconds) may be added to keep each phase 120 degree out of phase.

Re: Question about 3 Phase

20mS/3 for 50Hz
16,66mS /3 for 60Hz

Instead of a delay you should think of clock generator that is divided down to produce multiple phase shifted outputs. It would also work for a frequency variable inverter.

Thanks to all for the help

Dear FvM can you please explain your idea in detail?

E.g. if you want to generate 60 Hz square waves as a three phase system, start with a 360 Hz clock.

Dear FvM
Please elaborate because i am still confused how to get 3 phase waveform in this way?

E.g. if you want to generate 60 Hz square waves as a three phase system, start with a 360 Hz clock.

Dear FvM
Please elaborate because i am still confused how to get 3 phase waveform in this way?

Each cycle of a 1-phase 60Hz waveform is subdivided into 2 half-cycles, one positive, another negative. It means that a clock required to switch between half-cycles is twice ( 2x60Hz ).

Working with 3-phase square wave generation, a shift of 1/3 period is required for each phase. It means that above 120Hz clock must be sized to triple ( 360Hz ).

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.