Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Query on SPI protocol with rescpect SCK and Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbs

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When SPI module/Ip is put to sleep , what should be the status of SCK ?Should it remain High(Ideal 0,0 mode).
If SCK goes low when put to sleep, wont there be an SCK edge when it wakes up/goes to sleep and SCK transitions?

Which device?
What level of 'sleep'? I know of doze, idle, sleep and deep sleep modes.
IIRC this can change according to the device family.
Susan

In SPI all your transaction is depends on Chip select. So until CS is low there is no need to consider about the status of the remaining pins

@hobbyckts - actually that is why the OP needs to tell us the the slave device as well.
There are SPI interfaces where you can configure the salve to always be active (i.e. to no need to use a chip select).
Also there is the SPI framing mode where either the framing framing master (which can be either the SPI master or slave - it can get very messy!) generates a framing pulse instead of a chip select (and the clock is continuous).
However, what you say is, in my experience, the most usual situation.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.