Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Queries regarding MMIC Circuits Design in ADS

narayani

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have doubts some regarding MMIC Circuit design using ADS.
I am familiar with MIC Circuit Design using ADS.
In MMIC, do we need to use substrate with its parameters like H, T, TanD, Er ......etc.?
What I have observed when I go through MMIC Design examples in ADS. I couldn't see MSUB and can see only DESIGN KIT TECH INCLUDE.
But they have used MLIN with Width and Length. My question is, how to find MLIN Width and Length without knowing substrate parameters. In MIC Design, if we want to use MLIN, we must include MSUBSTRATE with parameters
I want to include Lambda/4 line for biasing circuit, how to include Lambda/4 line using NP15 PDK components. Can we use Radial Stub in MMIC and is it available.

Attachments

• MMIC_PA_Interstage.jpg
    MMIC_PA_Interstage.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 48
  • MMIC_LPF_LAYOUT_Schematic.jpg
    MMIC_LPF_LAYOUT_Schematic.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 45
  • MMIC_Bessel_LPF_1.jpg
    MMIC_Bessel_LPF_1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 42
  • MMIC_Bessel_LPF.jpg
    MMIC_Bessel_LPF.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 47
  • MIC_Biasing_Example.jpg
    MIC_Biasing_Example.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 51
There are "Scalable Microstrip Line Elements" in this Process. Process Block includes everything about, no necessary to place an extra substrate definition.

All of you might have seen in ADS CookBook MIC Power Amplifier Design ( Below attached) from the basic level to hardware implementation level. How nicely he has taken simple example and he has shown from scratch to advanced level.

Similarly can anybody has CookBook like MIC PA Design, simple MMIC PA design from basic level to hardware implementation level(if it is available) document or video. Can you share with us.

Attachments

• ADS_COOKBOOK_POWER_AMPLIFIER.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 64

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: