Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quasi optical power combiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

yingyang

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is metallic waveguide the best way for quasi-optical power combiner????

hi yingyang
to me a quasioptical power combiner is a device that makes power combining or power adding by optical means. in the microwave regime this is usually done by means of spatial power combining,e.g., several oscillators connected individually to antenna elements combine coherently the power in space (radiated energy). other people uses optical resonators (fabry-perot resonators), but in principle the concept is independent of the technology you use.

hello again yingyang
I've been reviewing my papers on this topic and one of the most significant contributors to quasioptical power combining is prof rutledge, which has several papers on grid arrays. I've seen that you have another post on active dividers, which is more or less related to this one. I suggest you to read a paper by Kai Chang in MTT-31 no. 2 in 1983, in which he summarizes a lot of concepts on power combining techniques

regards

>I suggest you to read a paper by Kai Chang in MTT-31 no. 2 in 1983, in which he summarizes a lot of concepts on power combining techniques
can you please complete the reference with journal title and pages number, to help me search through the larges piles of old MTT journal.

sure,

it is "Millimeter Wave Power Combining Techniques", IEEE Trans on Microwave Theory and Techniques vol 31 no 2 pp 91-107, feb 1983

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back