Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quadrature sine wave oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

viclick

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sine wave oscillator

Hi folks,

I need to make a circuit for some video experimentation I'm doing. It has to be a crystal controlled 3.58 MHz sine wave oscillator that has quadrature output and is locked to the color burst signal present in an NTSC composite video signal. I know I can probably find such a circuit in a TV but I can't seem to find the circuit I need on the Internet, and I have no access to TV schematics. I have found chips that will do some of what I need (MC44144 for example) but all I have found are very hard to come by or very expensive.

The intention of this work is to create a color video overlay circuit that is genlocked to the incoming composite signal. I have successfully overlayed white text using a PIC microcontroller (see the attached article) and now want to move on to a color application. I'm willing to use discrete components or a chip or chips.

Any ideas will be most welcomed.

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.