Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quadrature decoder IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenda

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
quadrature encoder ic

Hi all
Does someone know a multichannel (4) quadrature decoder (for digital potentiometers)? I am looking for something with integrated up/down counter and serial/shift register output.

Kind regards, Jenda

quadrature decoder ic

I dont know any ic for digital pots.Can able with microcontroller.If you dont have any idea pls send message

pic quadrature decoder

Check https://www.lsicsi.com/, they have 24-Bit Dual-Axis Quadrature Pulse Counter, maybe it can help you.

quadrature decoder

Many years ago I used an HP HCTL-2000, but it was only single channel. Agilent now has several HCTL-20xx chips. Maybe you'll find something you like.

quadrature ic

I did it some time ago with a PIC microcontroler, I could read 12 incremental encoders at time.

If it is useful for you, I'll post info for you..

Let me know

Best regards

quadrature encoder 16f877a

bomba said:
I did it some time ago with a PIC microcontroler, I could read 12 incremental encoders at time.

If it is useful for you, I'll post info for you..

Let me know

Best regards

I'm interested in. If you may post me i'll appreciate you.

quadrature decoder circuit

I suggest you to use a microcontroller. For your application you just need a PIC 16F877 or a similar device. Two capture registers counts your encoder phases perfeclty. Also you can use Port B interrupts and have 2 additional encoders , if you use just A and B signal.

I use CCS C compiler , Just 99$ and many free alternatives to populate such little projects.

I believe , your code does not exceed 25-30 lines of C code .

read quadrature encoder with pic

Thank you a lot for your replies.
I made some research on the net but couldn't find any suitable devices. Therefore I decided to do it the conventional way using a microcontroller.
So bomba, if you are still willing, pls post your design. Thank you!

J

incremental encoder ic

You can have a lot of trouble with microcontroller, especially for high speed. Some times ago I succesfully used LS7082 from www.usdigital.com. Now they have new chips too.

Varuzhan

i2c incremental decoder

Hi Bomba,
what is reading speed for your code
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.