Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HCTL 2022 Quadrature Decoder IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhav Mantri

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to get the direction in which motor is moving if I am using HCTL 2022 IC with my STM32F303VG microcontroller and Faulhauber DC motors with encoders. I am using it to improve the performance of my control loop by decreasing the burden on my microcontroller.

How to get the direction in which motor is moving if I am using HCTL 2022 IC with my STM32F303VG microcontroller and Faulhauber DC motors with encoders. I am using it to improve the performance of my control loop by decreasing the burden on my microcontroller.

you should not , the direcction is specified by the microcontoller , the whole idea of this IC is to save you from decoding the signals of encoder and find direction and count up and down !!

if you want to know direction fron the IC , the only solution is to do 2 reads separated by a delay and subtract the result
if result negative then direction is Forward and if positive then it is backward !!

The HCTL 2022 U/D output is reflecting the direction of the last input transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.