Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Qua/STAR flourescent lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jriofrio

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
e186742

Hello Mates, hope you can help me to think in some project.

You all know those fluorescent lamps that you could buy to replace your regular light bulbs and that they suppose to last very long and save energy.

Well, i have a couple that do not work (they do not light up anymore). I open them up and saw the circuit and checked it. The circuit still works OK, and there are quite a few good parts in it. (somehow the gas inside the lamp does not conduct anymore, go figured).

It has 2 pairs of connectors (2 positive and 2 negative connectors, which were connected to the wires coming out of the glass tubes from the squirrel glass tubes)

Anyhow, hope you know what I am talking about.
The Lamp is a 20 watt 120VAC 60Hz at 0.22 Amps.
Other info printed on is:
E186742 FCC ID:NOG0421 Listed:6G08 1202

I have not able to find any info about the circuit in the Internet. If you do know where to find info, please let me know.

Question: What kind of project ideas can you think of in order to take advantage of these circuits?

Any advice will be appreciated.

JR

Try to design a new circuit, using some these components to drive white light LEDs?
White light LED will be ideal lighting source of next generation, I think...

Michal Zhang

Hi..

If the circuit in question (how it is stated it) at 0.22 Amps and 20 Watts, the voltage will come up at 90.9 or 91 to rounder up.

If we want to use the circuit already in place, without any modification.

Question:

What will be the necessary in order to power a group of white LEDs?

The LEDs, will be the not too expensive ones, like the 3 volts, 3 or 5 mm super bright white LEDs. Most LEDs take up to 25mA.

Could you elaborate in the layout of such idea, please.
Thanks

Thank you Cyber1 for the info... very good one.

May i asked you a question?

Do you know of any completed project that use the ballast of a fluorescent lamps in order to power a group of white LEDs without any modification of the ballast?

How i posted earlier, The ballast that i have is a 20 watt 120VAC 60Hz at 0.22 Amps. V = 20watt / 0.22Amps= 91 volts.

I am looking for a design or sketch that can tell me how to put together the components that will be needed to make it work and how many LEDs can it be use.

I am terrible sorry i sound needy, (it is just my lack of knowledge on this) but i am eager to learn by doing these kind of projects.

Thank you much.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back