Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

python vs Tcl vs perl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
python vs. tcl

I need to learn one of these scripting languages quickly.
I am tempted to start with python or Tcl, and from what i read prefer python - i consider perl to be hard to understand and maintain.

Please share your opinion regarding the most suitable language for a beginner, and that would be useful in future.

Thanks

Perl is more hard than the others and its application is just restricted to Text Processing and Web

TCL/TK is good if you want to know and easy scripting language with ToolKit Design and fast production of GUIs it also widely used in FPGA Related Software

but I you want sth more general also easy and advance I prefer Python with python you can do everything like C/C++
it's also easy to understand and it's one of the Top Languages these year so if you want sth general like C++ Java , and applicabel for future and different use... python is superior...I prefer it in this case

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks

I guess I will go with TCL/TK, beacuse at work I need TCL or Perl in the near future - and Perl is quite ugly.

In the future I may try Python, I heard many good things about this language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back