Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pwm to control a dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok,i will try today and i will say you the results

ok,it work well with a Rb=2.2K and i will have aprx 1ma at the base ,so it is perfect
finally i use 5V of supply voltage,so my max duty cyle is 60% to have 3V across my motor
thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

and i red this about darling,what is the meaning of this?if i understand it,i red that the transistor won´t be satured ever,so my circuit won´t work well?

The output transistor is not allowed to saturate (i.e. its base-collector junction must remain reverse-biased) because the first transistor, when saturated, establishes full (100%) parallel negative feedback between the collector and the base of the second transistor[3]. Since collector-emitter voltage is equal to the sum of its own base-emitter voltage and the collector-emitter voltage of the first transistor, both positive quantities in normal operation, it always exceeds the base-emitter voltage. (In symbols, \mathrm{V_{CE2} = V_{CE1} + V_{BE2} > V_{BE2}} \Rightarrow \mathrm{V_{C2} > V_{B2}} always.) Thus the "saturation" voltage of a Darlington transistor is one VBE (about 0.65 V in silicon) higher than a single transistor saturation voltage, which is typically 0.1 - 0.2 V in silicon. For equal collector currents, this drawback translates to an increase in the dissipated power for the Darlington transistor over a single transistor. The increased low output level can cause troubles when TTL logic circuits are driven.

darlington transistor
google " darlington pair"
it means the all over hfe is the multiplication of both transistors
u are complicating things.... its just the first transistors collector to emitter current will feed the base of the second transistor , and the second transistor vce will be 0.1-0.2 volts.in ref to grd first base volt=1-1.2v ,
sec base volt=0.5-0.7volts.
first collector volt =0.1-0.2v+0.5-0.7 sec base volt.
did i mention this course ...https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/transistor/tran_4.html
read it all the pages

hello,i have been a time which i couldn´t do nothing about this topic
finally i did the next:

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/darbueno.jpg/

instead of the 555 i will have compactrio if you remember,and i got the enxt results:

for duty cycle 50% the voltage across the motor is 1.5V
for duty cycle 75% the voltage across the motor is 2.1V
for duty cycle 100% the voltage across the motor is 2.5V

why i can´t get 3V when the duty cycle is 100%?? what is hapening?

sorry ,forget about the 555,i am using the crio to generate the wave
and the supply is 3V for this case

Same question with crio

Status
Not open for further replies.