Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM in PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpv

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii...

I am using PIC16F917 and able to generate PWM with 500Hz frequency. what is the minimum frequency for PIC to generate PWM. My application requires PWM of frequency less than 10 Hz. but i am not able to generate it. how can i generate a PWM with such a low frequency???

If the PWM frequency cant go that low, you could use the 16-bit Timer 1 to generate the pwm.
Use the interrupt routine to bit bang the pwm.

Hi,
For operation below 10Hz, I think you're better off using software PWM with the 16-bit Timer, as, if you decrease the value of the crystal that much, your microcontroller will become way too slow.
Tahmid.

Hey...I am working on PIC 18F1320 to generate a sine PWM and I generated it using the PWM module but I need to have two PWM outputs. How can i solve my problem....anybody can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.