Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse modulation as opposed to analog communication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecs_gene

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PULSE MODULATION

hi
could u guys tell me
i) advantage of pulse modulation over analog communication such as FM,AM etc...
ii)generally,it is said that pulse modulation occupies more bandwidth when compared to analog modulation techniques..is it true?if so why?
iii)some discrete circuits which i could use for Pulse position modulation & Pulse width modulation!!

Re: PULSE MODULATION

hi,

first pulse mod is advantageous over other analog mod because the prob of error and the distortion suffered by pulse mod wave is more recoverable than fm or am..
I think personnal the noise effects AWGN effects are less for pulsed transmission rather than an fm or am..

realisations are much more simpler for better reliable design.

ii)To the best of my knowledge the bw needed for fm is more than analog PAM PPM or PWM.

iii)A 555 Ic with control voltage applied is PWM generator.. PPM i dont know..

Regards.

Re: PULSE MODULATION

hi resistance
why is it that pulse mod suffers less noise when compared to other techniques in analog modulation???explain

regards

PULSE MODULATION

hi elecs_gene!
in pulse modulation after the signal is sampled and
quantized, it is encoded i.e represented by ones and zeros. even if the signal gets distorted u have to distinguish between just two possibilities: a one or a zero. plus u can also use repeaters. hope the reply is of any help

Status
Not open for further replies.