Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Code Modulation Receiver Coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skillet

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcm modulation c code

I am part of a senior design project and we are building a system that unlocks a door using a laser as our transmitter.

We have the transmitter built and working, but we don't know where to start on writing the C code for the receiver.

At the moment we are directly modulating the laser to transmit binary data in the NRZ(L) standard.

We are using a set of PIC12F683-I/P's.

I have looked all over the net and have not come across a guide on writing and implementing PCM in C code.

Does anyone have any articles or sample code that we could look at to figure this out? I wish I knew more about this topic it does not seem that difficult.

Thanks

Hi

Why do you need to use PCM? - are u plan to transmit audio over laser?

whether you plane to use it to open a door all you need is modulate it with 1KHZ signal (use AM of FM modulation) and detect the 1KHZ in the other side using LM567

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.