Not open for further replies.

netbug

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have several questions which i will describe by topics. All the circuit design is made in Candence using Spectre.
1 - As transient noise introduces noise in the transient simulation, I export the data to Matlab to perform the Jitter (RMS and Peak-to-Peak) calculations. How can I do this in Cadence ?
2 - How can be compared the results obtained from MatLab (from Cadence exported data), and those obtained by cadence ?
3 - What kind of noise is introduced by transient noise ? Can this noise be upconverted into phase noise ?
4 - Calculating phase-noise using PSS+PNOISE, if done with transient noise on, will affect the phase noise analysis result ? Should I disable the transient noise, when performing PSS and PNOISE ?
5 - I am designing a VCXO for a PLL. The requirements are: frequency - 80 MHz, tunning range - +- 8 kHz, cload 15 pF. To simulate this circuit with transient noise I have used the following parameters:

Noise Fmax 1e9

Noise Fmin 10k

Noise Seed 1

Noise scale 1

Noise Tmin 4u

Is this correct ?

Thanks To all.

Best regards,
Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…