Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSS + PNOISE and Transient Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

netbug

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have several questions which i will describe by topics. All the circuit design is made in Candence using Spectre.
1 - As transient noise introduces noise in the transient simulation, I export the data to Matlab to perform the Jitter (RMS and Peak-to-Peak) calculations. How can I do this in Cadence ?
2 - How can be compared the results obtained from MatLab (from Cadence exported data), and those obtained by cadence ?
3 - What kind of noise is introduced by transient noise ? Can this noise be upconverted into phase noise ?
4 - Calculating phase-noise using PSS+PNOISE, if done with transient noise on, will affect the phase noise analysis result ? Should I disable the transient noise, when performing PSS and PNOISE ?
5 - I am designing a VCXO for a PLL. The requirements are: frequency - 80 MHz, tunning range - +- 8 kHz, cload 15 pF. To simulate this circuit with transient noise I have used the following parameters:

Noise Fmax 1e9

Noise Fmin 10k

Noise Seed 1

Noise scale 1

Noise Tmin 4u

Is this correct ?

Thanks To all.

Best regards,
Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search