Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice/Schematics does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

LvW

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all,
until yesterday I have worked with PSpice (Schematics), vers. 9.2, without problems (Windows XP - 32).
However, suddenly the program does not start anymore. I am sure that I have not installed anything new on the computer.
Then I`ve tried the safe modus of windows and - yes - in this modus the program worked correctly.
What could be the reason?
Thank you
LvW

Occasionally I have similar problems with Cadence tools, e.g. the Allegro viewer. I guess it has to do with some Windows resources being low. Restarting Windows might help in this case.

There's also a certain chance that application files or system dlls have been corrupted. Restoring them from backup or at worst case reinstalling the application can be necessary.

Reactions: LvW

LvW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
FvM - thanks for replying. However, reinstalling didn´t help at all.
Because of this event I wanted to recover the whole system (Wiederherstellung) - however, this feature was not working (Answer: It was not possible to recover the system ...).
I don´t know if both effects are connected?

i had similar problem with another piece of software. what i did was uninstall software and then open regedit and keyword search for name of software and just start deleting. was able to install & it worked after that. good luck!

Mr.Cool - thank you for answering. I followed your recommendation (regedit) - unfortunately without success. Moreover, I am srtill surprised about the problems with "recovery of the system" (which does not work).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back